Entrepreneurs come in all shapes and sizes, and every business plays a critical role in keeping Montana’s towns vibrant. The Treasure State consistently ranks among the top five in reports from the Kauffman Foundation in rates of business ownership and business sustainability.
In our Q and A series, we’ll introduce you to some of Montana’s brightest and best entrepreneurs from all corners of the state. These businesses are involved in a variety of industries including hospitality, retail, and food.
Let’s head to Bozeman and meet business owner Monica Duling!
1. What is the name of your business?
2. Are you a native of Montana? If you are, where is your hometown and why do you love it? If not, why did you decide to make Montana home?
I am not a native of Montana. I loved the mindset of people out West, I always am ready to be outside and are open-minded about life.
3. How long has your business been in operation? What does your business do?
I have been in business for 3.5 years, and we are a laundry business.
4. What has surprised you about owning your own business?
How quickly it can grow.
5. Why should an entrepreneur start a business in Montana?
In Bozeman specifically, there are so many resources available to help entrepreneurs as well as a community that supports and encourages local businesses to thrive.
6. Why did you decide to start your business?
While working at a local laundromat, the people of Bozeman started asking for delivery. I created my business about a year later after approaching some of those people and talking to them about what their expectations were about a delivery service.
7. What are three pieces of advice you would give someone about starting a company in Montana?
- Find local free consulting!
- Find a networking group, go as many times as you can for free, get to know other business owners.
- Ask advice from everyone if you can, the more brain power you have the better choices you can make!
8. Is there anything else you would like to add?
Business ownership is hard and often lonely, but keep your dreams ahead of you to remind yourself why you do it.
Do you know a local business that should be highlighted on our Q +A feature? Fill out the following questionnaire here, and we will consider featuring your business!
Subscribe to Make Montana Home
Like what you see? Sign up to get our latest articles via email!