Entrepreneurs come in all shapes and sizes, and every business plays a critical role in keeping Montana’s towns vibrant. The Treasure State consistently ranks among the top five in reports from the Kauffman Foundation in rates of business ownership and business sustainability.
In our Q and A series, we’ll introduce you to some of Montana’s brightest and best entrepreneurs from all corners of the state. These businesses are involved in a variety of industries including hospitality, retail, and food.
Join us we travel out east to meet Erica Schuppe!
1. What is the name of your business?
2. Are you a native of Montana? If you are, where is your hometown and why do you love it? If not, why did you decide to make Montana home?
Montana is my husband’s home and after living 22 years in Cody, Wyoming, Montana feels a lot like home! Almost all of our family lives within an hour of us!
3. How long has your business been in operation? What does your business do?
I’ve been in private practice almost 10 years but only operating under the Wild Roots Therapy name for a year. 2018 brought a new name and re-branding! We provide pediatric occupational therapy services to children. Many of our clients are from foster care/adoption backgrounds.
4. What has surprised you about owning your own business?
The support from our community!
5. Why should an entrepreneur start a business in Montana?
Montanans are independent and hard workers, both of these traits support entrepreneurship.
6. Why did you decide to start your business?
Therapy is a changing field and as a private practitioner I can go in new directions and make changes to benefit my clients as I see fit without waiting for approval from a board or employer.
7. What are three pieces of advice you would give someone about starting a company in Montana?
Find a great lawyer and accountant!
Do you know a local business that should be highlighted on our Q +A feature? Fill out the following questionnaire here and we will consider featuring your business!
Subscribe to Make Montana Home
Like what you see? Sign up to get our latest articles via email!